Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Our Gorgeous Baby Boy!

Is he gorgeous or what??
He is holding the little airplane with the American flag on it that we sent to him. Another family from NC just went to get their baby girl from the same place as ours and they brought our goody bag to him. It is so amazing to see him holding the little Tonka Toy that the boys picked out for him. They got so excited to see him with it, they literally started screaming and jumping up and down. It made this more real to them.

The photo we received of Josiah had other children in it. When the boys saw them they asked who they were. I explained that they were other children who are waiting for a Mama & Papa to adopt them just like our Josiah. They both very seriously asked if we could get them too.They pointed to two of the other precious boys and said they wanted "that one, and that one". I told them we couldn't get them because we don't have enough money. My precious little Jimmy put is hand on his chin and said "OH, No!" He sat with an intentional thinking face and then shouted "I have a good idea, I can get my money, I have a lot of money in my bank. Then you can go get them!" He ran up the stairs and brought his little train bank, opened it, and dumped all of the coins on the floor. He was ecstatic as he counted and said, "Look Mama, I have a lot, can you go get him now?" Talk about precious!!!! My heart just filled with joy as I watched these two little four year old boys getting so excited and being so serious about rescuing these orphan boys. They want them! If only we were able I would take them in a heart beat. I pray that my boys will always have a heart for the orphan and that some day they too will adopt some very lucky children.

This experience of seeing our Josiah with our care package really makes the world seem so small and brings us so much closer together. We also sent him a photo album full of pictures of his new family, new room, new home and friends. We hope this will help prepare him not to be so scared or freaked out about us coming to take him away from everything he has ever known. Please pray that he will be receptive to us and the transition and plane ride home will go well. I can only imagine how difficult this is going to be for him.

As we are rejoicing and so excited about getting our 3 new babies, I am still overwhelmed with sadness and compassion for their birth mother. She is on the other side of the world preparing to say goodbye to her precious babies. She will never see them again this side of heaven. I am so overwhelmed with emotion. I can only rest in the knowledge that our God is good and HE has a perfect plan in all of this. Please pray for her health, safety, provision and for her to have the peace that surpasses all understanding. I can't wait to hold her in my arms, look into her eyes and hopefully convey the love that is overflowing in my heart for her.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

he is soooooo cute so are the girls.

Denise Nelson said...

What a sweet little boy! We have officially pulled from our Liberian adoption and now asking God, "What next?" My husband Paul feels upset with the long wait and other things. I would love to jump right into Ethiopian adoptions but know His timing is best and I will be blessed waiting on the Lord and my husband (but it sure AIN'T easy!!)

I am so excited for you and love reading your daughter's blog too. Is she going with you guys?

Denise
niecechen@aol.com

Joy said...

Yes - he is a doll. You are blessed and soon you will have them in your arms. Praise Him!

Anonymous said...

O'God,

Is he really from earth or somewhere else? He is soooo cute.

Congratulation.