Sunday, August 2, 2009

Ethiopia Trip Prayer Update


So, I know the Lord is calling me back to Ethiopia and he has told me to bring someone who can photo and video journal this trip. Now that it is a definite that I am going, here is my prayer list:

1. Please reveal the other person you want to go with me for photo/video journal.
Answered within the week: It is cousin Georgie Barnes!!

2. I need 3 laptops to take with me.
Answered yesterday, Aug. 2. 2009 A friend may have 2 laptops to donate?

3. Someone to come stay with Ellie to care for the kids all day.
Answered yesterday, Aug. 2, 2009: Elsa Mugyenzi, from African Children's Choir

4. What else do you have for me to do Lord, why the photo and video?? I believe there is more to this journey??
Answered yesterday, August 2, 2009:
Move Solomon into Misganaw's home, buy bed and get everything set up for him.
Deliver very important documents for Carolyn Twietmeyer to attorney in Addis.
Visit w/specific orphans waiting for their forever famlies (all friends of mine).
Visit and photo property for Covenant Village/Almost Homes in Legadadi, Ethiopia for Project Hopeful.

5. Please deliver the funds to pay for this trip Lord. We don't have it??? I need $4000???
Answered: $1650 so far.....

I only have 2 WEEKS UNTIL I TRAVEL!!!

PLEASE JOIN ME IN PRAYER AND SEE IF THE LORD WOULD HAVE YOU BE A PART OF HIS ORPHAN CARE MINISTRY IN ETHIOPIA. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU CAN MAKE A DONATION. (I HATE TO ASK FOR MONEY BUT I HAVE NO CHOICE.) THE LORD DESIRES HIS PEOPLE TO CARE FOR THE ORPHANS AND WHILE NOT EVERYONE IS CALLED TO ADOPT, EVERYONE CAN HELP WITH A SMALL DONATION AND PRAYERS. THANK YOU AGAIN FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE SENT US YOUR SACRIFICIAL GIFTS. THEY ARE ALL GREATLY APPRECIATED. I STILL NEED $2350!!

"I tell you the truth; whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me." Matthew 25:40

2 comments:

Emma said...

I have a $50 post office money order sitting in my purse. It is a few years old but I don't think they expire. I know it is not much but I would be happy to send it to you for your trip. My email is below if you want to send me your address.

emmanate1@hotmail.com

Carissa said...

How are the trip preparations coming? When do you leave?
I am so excited for you, and will be covering your trip with my prayers.
While in East TN visiting my in-laws this past weekend, a couple in the Sunday School class we visited recently came back from Ethiopia with a 6 y/o boy. I couldn't help but think that without this family, he would one day end up in Kolfe. God bless you!