Thursday, February 2, 2012

HELLO MY FRIENDS, I'M BACK!

Hello my friends, it has been a long time since I posted on our blog. I had no idea how difficult it is to write a book! It has been a very interesting journey over the last year. There have been many lessons in faith and trust and the Lord has been graciously taking me on HIS journey to surrender more and more of myself to HIS will not mine. We are gearing up for the debut of the book "MORE THAN "I" CAN HANDLE", soon to be released. This is a whole new world opening up and I honestly have no idea what I am doing. It also appears the Lord is opening more speaking opportunities in our future, so this means I have a new set of prayer requests. If you would join me in prayer and if anyone can help with the following needs I would greatly appreciate it! . Website for the book . I need an ipad . Starting a new business for book sales . More Speaking Opportunities . Training all the Little's for ministry I am absolutely on my knees asking for strength and wisdom to serve HIM well. I shared with my sistah Beth this morning that I feel exactly like I did when the Lord started us on our adoption journey five years ago. I knew that I knew HE was leading us but had no idea where it was going. Here I am again, He is telling me to get ready for our ministry to grow in a new direction and to trust and obey. He alone knows what HE he has in store and because of His faithfulness, I am excited. So if you are one of our faithful friends, please pray as we embark on this new journey. We pray the book will be an encouragement to the saints to have faith, trust and obey what the Lord is calling us to do, even when it doesn't make sense and we feel inadequate. This is why we need HIM and how HE gets all the Glory. If anyone can help with any of these new projects I would greatly appreciate it! Update on on our family: Melissa & Randy are having our third grandchild in May and they are in the Chic-fil-a operator/ownership program. Jonathan felt called to take a leave of absence from the Fire Department and is currently serving with YWAM in Asia. Ellie graduated High School and became a Doula Birth Coach. She starts Watts Nursing school in May on her journey to becoming a midwife. Solomon is living in New York and goes to computer school in NYC. Jeremiah & James are 8 years old and loving 1st grade, Awana, Legos and losing all their teeth. Josiah is 7 years old and also loving 1st grade, Awana, Legos and entertaining the family with his singing and sense of humor. Keziah & Keren will be 5 years old in two weeks! I can't believe how fast the time has flown by. They are in Pre-K and learning to read and write. They are the most energetic of all my children...keeping me on my toes all day long. They are both full of life and love! They are all gearing up for their role as little missionaries to join in our ministry to engage the church to rescue the orphans still waiting for a family. They are little prayer warriors and the Lord is doing a great work in each of them. They are all a joy and blessing to our lives! Jerry is working as an Investigator for GEICO Insurance and loves his job. In fact, one of the benefits is that if anyone calls GEICO just for a quote, he gets $15.00 per call. So, I am asking all of you to help us raise support for our ministry. All you have to do is make the call, you don't have to buy the insurance,but my prayer is that it will in fact turn out to be a blessing to you and maybe save you some money. We saved $700 by switching our homeowners and car insurance. Please help donate $15.00 by calling 1-800-342-9070 and enter Jerry's referral code: 144381. It should only take a few minutes of your time but no cost to you! The Lord continues to show his faithfulness to provide for us. Stay tuned as we will be making changes and updates as HE leads us to serve on behalf of the orphans still left behind. Blessings to you all, please feel free to leave comments!

3 comments:

Sharon said...

It's so great to see what God is doing through your family! I can't wait for the book to come out! I know I'm buying a copy! And I love the title! You and your family is in my prayers!

Can I still call Geico if I already have Geico? :)

Love, Sharon

Tara said...

Welcome back to Blogland, sweet Eileen! Even though I get to see you each week, I loved reading about the book as well as the update on all the children :) You are such a blessing to me and I have loved getting to know you! Praying for you as this journey continues!

Joy said...

You are in my prayers. I have been off FB and blogs for quite a while, but just saw your post and am excited to hear how God directs you. Since we changed computers awhile back, I lost your email address. Mine is now javijoy@centurylink.net. If you can, just shoot me anything so I can have your address again and so that my new one will be in your address book too :) Thanks - much love from the Diaz Crew