Saturday, March 14, 2009

Travel Plans Have Changed??

I have decided not to go to Ethiopia in April with Children's HopeChest after all. The purpose and goal of my trip is to spend as much time with Solomon as possible to bond together, to pray and ask God to help us prepare for his life when Kolfe discharges him in this next year. Solomon is absolutely all alone in this world. He has no church, no family, no job, no place to live and he is desparately asking us and the LORD to help him. Originally the trip was going to include several days at Kolfe and then to other orphanages but it turned out I would only get one day with Solomon afterall. So, I am now back on my knees asking the Lord to reveal how we are to minister to this young man and be the parents that he needs us to be. I have several opportunities pending to get to Ethiopia. We are sending out emails and making contacts to help us get him established. I am running into closed doors so far with bringing him here, so plan B is to try to get him established there in ET.

All donations that we have received have been put into the Ethiopia Missions savings account and will be used to travel as soon as the Lord reveals the details. Thank you to all of you who have partnered with us and blessed us with your support. If you have any questions at all about this and would like to speak to me, please feel free to email at emestas@nc.rr.com. Also, if you have any contacts or can help us in any way please contact me as well. This is a huge responsibility that we do not take lightly and we really would appreciate your prayers too! Stay tuned as this journey continues!!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Hi, I am praying that doors will open up! I was just thinking while reading your post can't you just bring him here, but I would imagine that isn't so easy to do. So where would he literally go when he ages out? Just to the streets? I know God has a plan, don't give up!

"So let's not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time, we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don't give up."

Galatians 6:9

Unknown said...

Eileen - Michelle Gardner who is one of the founder of Kingdom Kids goes to Ethiopia regularly and has contacts there. Might be worth dropping her a line. You can find her info on the Kingdom Kids website. Tricia Wilson