Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Update..tHIS Story Continues

The beautiful story the Lord has orchestrated for  Ellie & Jonathan Micke is in full bloom. After a successful courtship season, they are very much in love and ready to begin their life together as husband and wife. Their June wedding will be in a beautiful country barn setting with square dancing and worship service to the Lord. We all couldn't be happier with how this relationship has blossomed since it all began in December 2012. We are now in full wedding planning mode around here.


My son Jonathan left for basic training to become and Airborne Ranger in Fort Benning, GA on April 2, 2012 and is doing very well. He has been going through some extensive training and on his next adventure. In his first letter to us my favorite part was this:

 "In 40 minutes Drill Sergeant is coming back to our bay for inspection. All beds have to be PERFECT. All PT uniforms have to MATCH. Bathrooms, showers, floors, laundry room all have to be SPOTLESS. NO PROBLEM FOR ME!! but for some....I think it is the first time some of these guys have ever made their bed or wiped up their toothpaste off the sink. It's STUPID! Everything is an argument. Hah. Jeremiah, James and Josiah are more mature and know more about respect and common sense than probably 50% of them. I only chewed out 15 people today!:)" Oh this Mama's heart is so full of joy right now. All those times I spent drilling my boy on the high standards of cleanliness, making sure he made his bed every single day, and keeping the standards high have paid off! If the secular military has such high standards how much more should we as God's Holy People set the bar for our children. "Whether you eat, or drink, or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God!" AMEN! My boy will be dealing with a lot of stress and hard things but in this...he will SHINE FOR JESUS! So much for being the drill sgt. clean freak...this is the fruit of that labor :)! We do not have an address for him because he is shipping out tomorrow to a unit called the "MEAT GRINDER", considered the hardest/best infantry unity there. He asked specifically for "DAILY PRAYER for good health, patience, endurance and to be aware of who and what I am representing!" Thank you for your love an support everyone!feeling great.


As believers, we must actively, intentionally choose to yield to the Spirit instead of yielding to the flesh. Learning to trust that in HIS Omnipotent Wisdom, Goodness, and Sovereignty God has permitted whatever I am disappointed about is HIS Appointment..His sovereign appointment for me. Trusting that because God is WHO He is, I m able to trust that this, too, is a part of my ultimate completion in Christ. All that God allows or orders to touch my life is the kindest, wisest, best and yes, necessary, "ingredient" in bringing me to perfection. God's promise is to cause all things to work for the ultimate good of forming Christ in me. His Word is true, His way is perfect! 
Well, God has been telling me for some time now that I need to make a career change. Those of you who have taken that leap of faith know how scary that can be. But I was like Jonah running away from God, trying to ignore Him, and until I finally relented and said, "OK, God, but not just yet" ....well God has done this to me before, where He says, "You aren't listening, so now I am going to have to do something to get your attention." Two days ago, He did just that. He took the matter out of my hands. There have been events in my life that I can look back on and say, "That was the best thing that ever happened to me." Well, this one ranks right up there. Losing a job can be traumatic, and give cause to grieve for some. But being set free from bondage is a cause for celebration. This is a new day. A new chapter is unfolding in our never-a-dull-moment life. I am so excited to see what the Lord has in store for me and my family! Rejoice with us. God is so Good!

Please join us in prayer for new employment!

Jerry Mestas

No comments: